JHS – Sweet Tea Overdrive [V3]
Combines Screaming Drive and British High-gain
Fusing JHS’s Moonshine V2 and Angry Charlie V3 into a single stompbox, the Sweet Tea V3 does it all — from screaming tube-like overdrive to British high-gain distortion. The Moonshine takes classic mid-heavy drive into new territory with enhanced gain, volume, and flexibility. The Angry Charlie turbocharges your amp with a JCM800-style tone stack, conjuring up the famous Marshall-cranked-to-the-max “Brown Sound.” Having two pedals in one is awesome, but JHS didn’t stop there. The “order toggle” lets you pick the order of the Sweet Tea V3’s signal path, making an already flexible pedal even more of a tonal Swiss army knife.
Out of stock
Classic overdrive with some added kick
The right side of the Sweet Tea V3 houses JHS’s Moonshine V2. This classic effect takes your guitar signal and gives it attitude. JHS started with an iconic green OD pedal design and massively tweaked it to create a versatile drive that will do you right no matter what your musical persuasion. Volume, Tone, and Drive knobs, in concert with a 2-position Proof toggle, give you the classic tone. And a clean blend control lets you mix in your unaffected signal.
Delicious British high-gain flavor
On the left side of the Sweet Tea V3 you’ll find JHS’s Angry Charlie V3. This amp-in-a-box captures the essence of the legendary Marshall JCM800, turning your guitar into a sonic flamethrower. The Angry Charlie makes conjuring British high-gain tones a breeze, delivering the rich bass response, thick mids, and balanced high end you’d expect from a hot-rodded Marshall. When they designed the Angry Charlie, JHS faithfully replicated a full Marshall-style tone stack.
JHS pedals are handcrafted tone machines
The guitarists at Sweetwater know that when you plug your guitar into a JHS pedal like the Sweet Tea V3, you’re tapping into care and passion that few manufacturers put into their products. Each JHS pedal is hand built and tested by the JHS team in Kansas City, Missouri. Because they design their pedals for specific musical purposes, we’re sure there’s a JHS pedal that’s perfect for any player’s rig.
JHS Sweet Tea V3 Features:
- Dual overdrive guitar effects pedal loaded with JHS’s Moonshine V2 and Angry Charlie V3
- Achieve everything from screaming tube-like overdrive to British high-gain distortion
- Take classic mid-heavy drive into new territory with enhanced gain, volume, and flexibility
- Turbocharge your amp with a JCM800-style tone stack, conjuring up the famous Marshall-cranked-to-the-max “Brown Sound”
- Cascade the two drive circuits to create interesting textures
- An “order toggle” lets you pick which circuit is first in the signal chain
- Handcrafted for exceptional tone and durability
- Pedal Type:Dual Overdrive
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″
- Outputs:1 x 1/4″
- True Bypass:Yes
- Bypass Switching:True Bypass
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage:100mA
- Manufacturer Part Number:Sweet Tea v3